Saturday, May 23, 2009

"Bonaventure:A.K.A. Silly boy" acrylic painting on gallery wrapped canvas

Not For Sale
Copyright Reserved By The Artist
Acrylic Painting on Gallery Wrapped Canvas
18 x 24
*
Another painting of my little angel. This certainly shows his silly side. He is a very lively character. He loves to put on costumes and go crazy around the house. I am not so sure if I captured his exact likeness but that is not what I was going for. I more so wanted to catch his spirit and his funny nature. Hope you all enjoy!!!!
*
As for the actual painting side of the piece, I used a Windsor and Newton gallery stretched canvas, acrylic paint, brushes and a palette knife to lay down the background color. I mixed a little gloss medium in the background color in order to give it a little shine and to give it a different quality from the figure.

No comments: