Friday, April 24, 2009

"I Think I can: The Painting" acrylic fine art on canvas

For Sale By The Artist
Copyright Reserved By The Artist
Acrylic on Stretched Canvas
24 x 36
This is another drawing turned painting. In this painting the use of bold colors such as red and blue and the earth tones of brown and green help to create an even contrast. I have included three different plains of perspective in order to create depth and movement throughout the piece. As for subject matter, I have once again used the flow and travel of sperm as they try to vie for life and creation. The red obviously represents blood and the female reproductive cycle. Without blood there would be no life. I used a palette knife to lay down all the background color and I used a small brush for all the black detail work. It is a fairly large piece for me but it was nice to go big for a change.
$500.00 + $50.00 S+H

No comments: